I don't normally do the question/list thingy on my blog but one of my very favorite bloggers tagged me and I just couldn't say no. If you don't already read Pamela's blog then you must click here and hang on for a ride! She tells the greatest stories about her family, including her extremely good looking husband, Eric, and of course Petey, the one-eyed wonder dog.
1. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
I really put some thought into this and since I hated school from day one of kindergarten all the way through college I could not even remember any of my teacher's names. Pretty bad huh? I must be one of a handful of people who never had a teacher that influenced them.
2. What were your sports of choice when you were younger?
I was a runner. Those that know me are probably thinking...no freakin' way! In high school I ran 5 miles every morning and 5 miles every night. I never competed in running though. Because I grew up on a lake I was a very strong swimmer. Powder puff football and field hockey were my other two favorites.
3. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I always wanted to be a large animal vet. That is until I learned how much college was involved. I hated school and had no intention of attending school that long. See question #1.
4. What profession did you ultimately end up in and why?
Accounting. I mostly ended up in accounting because I was always good at math and it came easy for me. No need to attend all classes as I could just read the text book. Once again, see question #1.
5. What is the single most important thing you think parents should teach their children?
Personal accountability. I think it is something that is lacking in this world.
6. When you run, what is the one thing your mind turns to the most often?
I don't run anymore, but I do walk on a treadmill frequently. The one thing I think of most often is the things I still need to do around my house. It is still a work in progress.
7. What is your favorite book and how many times have you read it?
"Illusions" by Richard Bach. I love, love, love this book. It is my bible of sorts. I read it whenever I am down. Often I will begin it again as soon as I read the last page.
8. If you could only pick one movie to watch for the rest of your life what would it be?
Under The Tuscan Sun
9. Are you more comfortable in the city or the country?
"The Shack"! of course. For those that don't know that is what I call my property in Southeastern Arizona.
10. If you had the option of spending three months of the year in another place, where would you choose?
I guess I would have to say "The Shack". Since I live in Arizona I am already in paradise and leaving this state holds no interest for me.
11. What is your all time favorite museum to visit?
American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame & Museum. It opened in 1991 and I actually have not been there.....yet. I know that once I do go it will be my favorite though!
Many of the bloggers that I love have already been tagged in this so I am not going to tag anyone, but I am going to take this opportunity to give a shout out some of my favorite bloggers and if you haven't been tagged already then please feel free to copy these questions to your blog. Check out these blogs...they are all fantastic bloggers!
Inger at Desert Canyon Living
Greg @ Greg Smith MD
Kim at My Inner Chick
Terri @ Terri Sonoda
Rae @ The Old Weather Vane
Pauline @ The Paddock (I love this woman!)
Lisa @ Two Bears Farm